July 01, 1992

N's New Music Mix

My first mix in a continuing series, my "Good Stuff To Drive To" mix is very rough around the edges. As time went on and I got better at the song selection and sequencing process, I made some rules for myself. Some of those rules are broken here:
  • Don't put the same artist on a mix more than once
  • Don't put an artist (The Beatles) and a solo act from the same band (McCartney, Lennon) on the same mix
In the summer of 1992, I was working at WERS Radio at Emerson College, and the influence of my time there is showing: Shockra was a world-music influenced local funk-rock band whom I became a big fan of. I hope this is the last mix on which I include "Start Me Up"!

SIDE A

  1. Middle of the Road, The Pretenders
  2. Ob La Di, Ob La Da [alt version], The Beatles
  3. Question Air? Shockra
  4. Squeeze Box, The Who
  5. And She Was, Talking Heads
  6. Shiny Happy People, R.E.M.
  7. Fool In The Rain, Led Zeppelin
  8. Everyday I Write The Book, Elvis Costello
  9. Let My Love Open The Door, Pete Townshend
  10. Cool For Cats, Squeeze
  11. Modern Love, David Bowie
SIDE B
  1. Channel Z, The B-52s
  2. Helen Wheels, Paul McCartney & Wings
  3. Nobody Told Me, John Lennon
  4. Would I Lie To You? Eurythmics
  5. Monkey On My Back, Aerosmith
  6. Closer To Fine, Indigo Girls
  7. Ticket To Ride, The Beatles [no fadeout]
  8. Love Shack, The B-52s
  9. Into The Great Wide Open, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
  10. La Grange, ZZ Top
  11. Sweetest Thing, U2
  12. Start Me Up, The Rolling Stones
(100 minute Maxell cassette)