August 01, 1992

N's Music Mix #6

SIDE A
  1. "Train in Vain", aka "Stand By Me", the biggest pop chart hit for the Clash.
  2. "No Surrender", Bruce Springsteen
  3. "Undercover of the Night", The Rolling Stones most New Wave single.
  4. "Bullet the Blue Sky", U2
  5. "This & That", Michael Penn's debut album March included a novel combination of acoustic guitars and drum machines, and/or heavily processed drum sounds.
  6. "Talk About The Passion", R.E.M.
  7. "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", The Police
  8. "She Blinded Me With Science", One of my favorite novelty songs of the New Wave, from Thomas Dolby.
  9. "Perfect World" is from the Huey Lewis & The News album Small World, their first album after they peaked with the one-two punch Sports and Fore!
  10. "Glamour Boys", Living Colour
  11. "Hard to Handle", The Black Crowes
  12. "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)", Billy Joel
SIDE B
  1. "Games Without Frontiers", Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush
  2. "I Can't Dance", Genesis
  3. "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", Hall & Oates
  4. "Join Together", The Who
  5. "Should I Stay or Should I Go?", The Clash
  6. "You Can't Always Get What You Want", The Rolling Stones
  7. "After Midnight", Eric Clapton
  8. "I'm Goin' Down", Bruce Springsteen
  9. "Bloody Well Right", I bought Supertramp's Hits CD sometime late in high school. My friends hooked me on Supertramp, but they were so uncool, I basically shunned the band once I hit college, and I eventually dumped the CD at a yard sale circa 1999.
  10. "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", Stevie Nicks with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
  11. "Tusk", Fleetwood Mac, featuring the USC Trojans Marching Band
  12. "You're Only Human (Second Wind)", A wildly overproduced Billy Joel song, with extremely contemporary synthesizers and drums. This track was one of two new songs added to Joel's first "Greatest Hits" package.
(100 minute Maxell cassette)