October 19, 2003

Covered Road

My all-time favorite artist fits any occasion: The Beatles. The challenge is to find Beatles songs which haven't been played to death. One of the ways I make their music fresh is with cover versions. I collect covers of Beatles songs. Whenever I go yard sale-ing, and I find a carton of LPs, I scan track lists for Beatles titles.

  1. "A Hard Day's Night" John Bayliss (in the style of Bach)
  2. "I Call Your Name" The Mamas & Papas
  3. "Two of Us" Aimee Mann & Michael Penn
  4. "I Will" Tony Furtado & Alison Krauss
  5. "The Ballad of John & Yoko" The Persuasions
  6. "The Miser/Taxman" The Deighton Family
  7. "Here Comes The Sun" Nina Simone
  8. "I'll Be On My Way" Johnny Society
  9. "Don't Let Me Down" Paul Weller
  10. "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me & My Monkey" Kristen Hersh
  11. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" Lydia Lunch
  12. "Tomorrow Never Knows" Five O'Clock Shadow
  13. "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" World Party
  14. "Girl" Tiny Tim with Brave Combo
  15. "All I've Got To Do" Toxic Audio
  16. "We Can Work It Out" Stevie Wonder
  17. "Day Tripper" [live] Otis Redding with the Mar-Keys and Booker T. & The MGs
  18. "I've Got A Feeling" [live] Pearl Jam
  19. "With a Little Help From My Friends" [live] Joe Cocker
  20. "Being for The Benefit of Mr. Kite" Les Miserables Brass Band