February 21, 2011

130 Warm Spell

  1. "Silly Love Songs" GLEE Cast Version: I won't apologize for loving this supremely uncool song.
  2. "Plane" Jason Mraz
  3. "I Still Have That Other Girl" Elvis Costello & Burt Bachrach
  4. "Find My Way" The Gabe Dixon Band: the opening credits song from the Sandra Bullock movie The Proposal.
  5. "Gimme Shelter" The Rolling Stones
  6. "Rolling In The Deep" Adele: This whole mix revolves around the awesome song. It totally gives me chills. "Gimme Shelter" is as close as I could come to equaling the drama and goosebumps it evokes.
  7. "Dead American Writers" Tired Pony
  8. "Learning To Fly" Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
  9. "Settled Down Like Rain" The Jayhawks
  10. "Ring of Fire" Johnny Cash
  11. "Home" Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
  12. "She Runs Away" Duncan Sheik: I have this on an promo only alternative music sampler from 1997.
  13. "Rain In The Summertime" The Alarm
  14. "3,000 Miles" (remix) Ellis Paul [from Sweet Mistakes]
  15. "Windows Are Rolled Down" The first time I heard this new Amos Lee song, I was instantly reminded of "3,000 Miles."
  16. "Run Through The Fields" Does anyone else remember Nuclear Valdez? I have this on a promo only alternative music sampler from 1990.
  17. "Hi Hi Hi" Paul McCartney & Wings
  18. "Jungle Love" Steve Miller Band
  19. "Battlestar Galactica Theme" Jonathan Coulton feat/John Hodgman: Who knew there were words to the Battlestar Galactica theme song?
  20. "Valerie" Mark Ronson feat/Amy Winehouse