March 21, 2011

131 Spring Forward

  1. "Got To Give It Up, Part 1" Marvin Gaye: From the campfire scene in Paul.
  2. "Fun, Fun, Fun" Pharrell; From the movie Despicable Me.
  3. "Old Days" Chicago
  4. "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" Paul McCartney & Wings: Special version from the film One Hand Clapping, the first half showcases Paul's soulful solo vocal and piano, which then is spliced into the full final arrangement.
  5. "Lasso" Phoenix
  6. "Velcro Fly" ZZ Top has the same drum part as the "Lasso".
  7. "F.M." Steely Dan
  8. "Seven Chinese Brothers" R.E.M.
  9. "I'm A Loser" The Beatles
  10. "Victoria" I just saw The Old 97's play "Victoria" at a free show at SXSW.
  11. "It's Bad You Know" R.L. Burnside
  12. "Freeway" Aimee Mann
  13. "Morning Moon" I am not saying I am going to become a superfan, but when I heard this song on the radio, I thought to myself "this is terrific! where has The Tragically Hip been all my life?"
  14. "Dreams" Fleetwood Mac
  15. "All Over The World" Electric Light Orchestra: the closing credits song from Paul, previously in the movie Xanadu.
  16. "Loving You Is Easy" Sarah McLachlan: a pleasingly ordinary 4/4 chugging piano riff from Ms McLachlan.
  17. "All My Nights I've Been Waiting [Liz Lemon's Theme] Tina Fey & Christopher Cross: what started as a gentle Christopher Cross joke on 30 Rock crossed over to reality when Mr Cross recorded an actual song based on the joke. When Worlds Collide!
  18. "See The Lights" Simple Minds
  19. "Breathe (2AM)" I learned Anna Nalick's name after holding my Android phone up to the radio and activating the SoundHound app.
  20. "Good Is Good" Cool George Harrison-y guitar riff. From Sheryl Crow's Lance Armstrong period. Isn't it retroactively embarrassing to dedicate an LP to him?